QC20-W Wireless Ballbar
Machine Tool Performance Evaluation
Bluetooth wireless technology, totally revised electronics and enhanced test capability makes the QC20-W ballbar system even simpler to use and more powerful than it’s QC10 predecessor.
This telescoping ballbar provides a simple, rapid check of a CNC machine tool's positioning performance to recognized international
standards (e.g. ISO, ASME etc) allowing users to benchmark and track the performance of their machines and to quickly diagnose problems that may require maintenance and the error sources that produce them.
Regular ballbar testing of machine tools helps to:
· Ensure accurate parts, first time, from CNC machines
· Reduce machine down-time, scrap and inspection costs
· Demonstrate compliance with machine performance and quality management standards
· Implement fact based predictive maintenance.
· Track machine accuracy trends and history.
The QC20-W system draws on Renishaw's many years of experience with ballbar testing and offers significant performance and operational benefits:
· Bluetooth wireless technology ensures no wire handling issues, closed door operation and reduced possibility for system damage.
· New hardware and software which allows a 'partial arc' (220°) test. This gives you greater test flexibility
· improved Z axis testing (no custom fixturing required)
· tests where axis travel is limited (typically Z axis on machining centres and X axis on lathes)
· ability to test 3 planes from a single set up, using 'partial arc' tests for 2 of the tests and present a 'volumetric analysis'
· Faster data reading for enhanced analysis on small test circle and high feed rates.
· Enhanced software includes many new features for extended testing and greater ease of use.